Contact: +91-9711224068
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
International Journal of Sports, Health and Physical Education

Vol. 6, Issue 1, Part B (2024)

Knowledge discovery from data mining analysis on motor-cognitive training for sports science: SCOPUS-databased bibliometric tool

Author(s):

Chonlawat Chariyalertsak, Jirakrit Leelarungrayub, Araya Yankai and Jakkrit Klaphajone

Abstract:

This study employed the search phrase "Motor-Cognitive Training" to obtain pertinent English publications published between 2012 and 2024 in the SCOPUS database. The bibliometric algorithm was executed using the RStudio software. The data analysis encompassed several steps, including pre-processing, data transformation, and normalization using Salton's Cosine technique. Additionally, co-occurrence word analysis, Treemap visualization, clustering, and trend topic identification were performed using the Walktrap and Kamada-Kawai algorithms. A total of 171 papers from 93 journals were presented. The most frequently occurring words were human (121), cognition (106), exercise (75), gait (42), walking (33), quality of life (26), physical activity (24), motor performance (21), training (18), reaction time (16), task performance (14), postural balance (12), and fitness (11), among others. The Treemap displayed the results of research studies on various interventions such as randomized controlled trial (n=24, 10%), controlled trial (n=19, 8%), cognitive training (n=14, 6%), motor-cognitive training (n=10, 4%), Tai Chi (n=10, 4%), dual-task training (n=4, 2%), exercise training (n=4, 2%), and combined training (n=3, 1%). These interventions were studied concerning different diseases including Parkinson's disease (n=8, 3%), mild neurocognitive disorders (n=4, 2%), neurocognitive disorder (n=6, 2%), cognitive impairment (n=5, 2%), and chronic stroke (n=2, 1%). The outcomes measured included physical activity (n=6, 2%), cognitive functions (n=3, 1%), cognitive motor (n=2, 1%), and cognitive performance (n=4, 2%). That can be classified into two dominant clusters. The trend topics were started in aged stroke with resistance training, postural balance, body equilibrium with endurance training, and then trend topics on exercise, cognitive rehabilitation, exergaming, and cognitive performance in human with pilot study or controlled study design were studied. The knowledge discovery from previous research studies is related to “Motor-cognitive training” indicating dual-task or combined training with cognitive rehabilitation and exercise on motor performance and cognition in the controlled study design.

Pages: 124-131  |  74 Views  20 Downloads


International Journal of Sports, Health and Physical Education
How to cite this article:
Chonlawat Chariyalertsak, Jirakrit Leelarungrayub, Araya Yankai and Jakkrit Klaphajone. Knowledge discovery from data mining analysis on motor-cognitive training for sports science: SCOPUS-databased bibliometric tool. Int. J. Sports Health Phys. Educ. 2024;6(1):124-131. DOI: 10.33545/26647559.2024.v6.i1b.116
Call for book chapter
Journals List Click Here Other Journals Other Journals